Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship 2022-2023 (Funded)
Deadline: November 2, 2021
Applications for the Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship 2022-2023 are now open. The Chevening Ethiopia Leadership Fellowship is aimed at mid-career Ethiopian public servants and government officials with demonstrable skills in the fields of policy, innovation, and leadership. The fellowship is hosted by Coventry University in multiple locations across the UK (London, Birmingham, Coventry, and other regions) and in Brussels, Belgium.
Fellows will undertake an eight-week course covering the following main themes:
- Leadership for government and public policy
- Public policy analysis and management
- Evidence based policy making
- Policy delivery mechanisms and measuring policy impact
- Personal public service leadership and impact
- Strategy setting, transparency, accountability and stakeholder engagement
- Manage change in public policy
Additionally, there will be study visits to, and project opportunities with, a variety of UK and EU government organisations. All participants will have an opportunity to study on a ‘real-life’ policy-based project and this may be accompanied by a short placement in an appropriate government agency. In addition to expert tutor-led sessions and interactive workshops, the program will include specialist guest talks from experienced government leaders and policy makers, as well as formal and informal networking opportunities.
Each fellowship includes:
- Full program fees.
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship.
- Return economy airfare from Ethiopia to the UK.
- Be a citizen of Ethiopia and currently live in the country;
- Return to your country of citizenship at the end of the period of the fellowship;
- Have at least seven years’ relevant public service experience prior to applying;
- Have a postgraduate level qualification, or equivalent professional training, or experience in a relevant area at the time of application;
- Have excellent written and spoken English to be assessed by fellowship assessment panel;
- Already be, or aspire to be, a senior leader in the Ethiopian public service;
- Demonstrate a commitment to leadership development and innovation;
- Not hold British or dual-British citizenship.
If you are eligible and believe you would be a strong candidate for a place on this program, you are encouraged to apply now!
For more information, visit Chevening Fellowship.