European Union Global Climate Change Alliance Plus (EU GCCA+) Youth Awards 2021 for the Best Climate Storytelling
Deadline: September 22, 2021
Applications are invited for the European Union Global Climate Change Alliance Plus (EU GCCA+) Youth Awards 2021. The EU GCCA+ Youth Awards support young journalists, writers and photographers to tell powerful climate stories around the world.
If you are between 18 and 30 years and live in a GCCA+ country you can participate with a video/story with photos about climate change cooperation, preferably related to an EU-funded project in your country. There will be 1 winner for each for each of the following regions that reflect EU GCCA+ main areas of intervention:
- East/Central Africa
- West Africa
- Southern Africa/Indian Ocean
- Latin America/Caribbean
The Global Climate Change Alliance Plus (GCCA+) is a European Union flagship initiative which is helping the world’s most vulnerable countries to address climate change. Having started with just four pilot projects in 2008, it has become a major climate initiative that has funded over 80 projects of national, regional and worldwide scope in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and the Pacific.
- The five award winners will be able to participate in a 6 weeks Masterclass by Climate Tracker with leading climate reporters and activists and will also be awarded equipment and a storytelling price.
- The EU GCCA+ Youth Awards will be an opportunity to shape and empower 5 young selected storytellers from countries that are most vulnerable to climate change. Winners will be announced before COP26.
- Open to young journalists, writers and photographers;
- Applicants should be between 18 and 30 years.
The deadline for registration and submission is September 22, 2021. Late submission will not be considered.
For more information, visit EU GCCA+ Youth Awards.