Call for Videos: World Bank #OurGreenerFuture Campaign 2021
Deadline: August 20, 2021
Submit your videos for the World Bank #OurGreenerFuture Campaign 2021. During the past year, they’ve invited youth from around the world to tell their stories and ideas where decisions are made, the World Bank Spring, and Annual Meetings. Last fall they asked youth how could they participate in a resilient recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Their ideas were shared at the same level as John Kerry, U.S. Special Presidential Envoy for Climate; Melinda Gates, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Director General, World Trade Organization; Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General at the World Health Organization; and many more high-level decision-makers!
This fall is no different, if you are between 18 and 35 years old tell in a 1-min video OR in a photo with text answering the following: Identify 3 actions your country/community could take to build a greener, more inclusive future.
- A selection of videos will be posted on World Bank Group channels.
- Participants must be between 18 years old and 34 years old. The #OurGreenerFuture campaign is not directed at minors under the age of 18 years old.
- There is no fee payable to enter the competition.
If you chose to submit a video, here are the requirements:
- The video must be no more than 1 minute long.
- Record in a quiet place (no music or background noise)
- Listen to your audio before you upload to make sure they can hear you.
- If you’re inside a car, or if someone is helping you film, or if you are in a noisy environment, holding the camera closer could help so the microphone picks up your voice instead of the environment.
- Make sure the video is not shaky, the camera must be still while filming.
- Do not edit or add captions, they will do it.
If you chose to submit a photo with text, here are the requirements:
- Take a photo of yourself holding a sign with your three points written on a paper/cardboard.
- Make sure they can read the sign.
- Include your three points in writing in your submission.
Judging will take place during August and September 2021 and selected participants will be contacted in September-October 2021 by email. Entries will be judged against originality, creativity, and solutions presented. The judging panel’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Selected people will be contacted via the contact information provided with their submission.
For more information, visit #OurGreenerFuture Campaign.