UN-JUPSA Media Awards on HIV/AIDS, Sexual and Reproductive Health, and Gender-based Violence 2021
Deadline: September 30, 2021
The United Nations Joint Program on HIV and AIDS (UN-JUPSA), Uganda Aids Commission, the Ministry of ICT and African Centre for Media Excellence (ACME) announce the call for entries for the 2021 Media Awards on HIV/AIDS, Sexual and Reproductive Health, and Gender-based Violence.
The awards, launched by UN-JUPSA in December 2020, honour distinguished reporting on Uganda’s aspirations to achieve universal access to HIV prevention, treatment, care and support, halting and reversing the spread of HIV, and contributing to the achievement of related Millennium Development Goals. Additionally, they recognise the contribution of journalists, media managers and owners, and independent content creators in achieving the UNAIDS vision of Zero New Infections, Zero AIDS-related Deaths and Zero Discrimination.
There are 14 competition categories in this awards program, namely:
- Best news story – Three separate awards will be given for the best news stories produced for print, broadcast and online platforms.
- Best feature story – Three separate awards will be given for the best feature stories produced for print, broadcast and online platforms.
- Best investigative story – Three separate awards will be given for the best investigative stories produced print, broadcast and online platforms.
- Best newspaper, television, radio and online platforms.
- HIV fast-track Ambassador Award.
- Winners will receive a substantial prize, a commemorative plaque and a framed certificate.
- They will be recognised at the annual awards gala to be held on World AIDS Day, and their work will be amplified on the awards website.
- Open to journalists, independent content producers, online media platforms and media houses in Uganda;
- Works should have been produced between July 1, 2020 and August 30, 2021.
Download the awards submission form here and submit your entry in the following ways:
- By physical delivery to the African Centre for Media Excellence, C/o ACME Awards Secretariat, Plot 130 M. Nanjala Road, Bbunga-Soya, Ggaba Road, Kampala.
- By email to [email protected], subject: ‘HIV awards 2021 submission (and chosen category name, e.g. Best feature story)’
For more information, visit UN-JUPSA.