Asia Pacific Youth Internet Governance Forum (IGF) 2021 Virtual Camp
Deadline: September 5, 2021
Applications are invited for the Asia Pacific Youth IGF 2021 Virtual Camp. Organized and facilitated by NetMission.Asia, the Youth IGF occurs in conjunction with the Asia Pacific Regional Internet Governance Forum (APRIGF) annually, to raise awareness and build the capacity for youth to join the Internet governance discussions.
Based on the mandate of IGF to bring people together from various stakeholder groups as equals, YIGF provides an open platform for the young generation to express and interchange their ideas and own thoughts on internet governance freely.
This year, YIGF will be held as a 4-day virtual meeting with a series of virtual social meetups during the event week of YIGF 2021 and APRIGF 2021. Participants will be engaged in discussing hot issues related to Internet governance with other young talents from the region and experienced speakers from the IG community.
- Build the capacity of young adults to participate in internet governance discussion.
- Encourage youth to attend and bring contribution to actual internet governance discussion.
- Provide a platform for cultivating ideas to drive social change and further actualizing the initiative for a healthy and harmonious internet.
- Develop a youth network on internet governance.
- Undergraduate or graduate students in tertiary education in the Asia Pacific;
- Young professionals who are based or come from the Asia Pacific region aged between 18 and 30;
- Internet Governance events’ alumni or fellows in the Asia Pacific region.
Date: September 17 – 20, 2021 (03:00-06:00 UTC Time)
Meeting Venue: Online Only
Theme: Envisioning a sustainable Internet for today and tomorrow
The deadline for application is September 5, 2021 at 23:59 UTC.
For more information, visit Asia Pacific Youth IGF.