Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Photo Contest on Salt-Affected Soils 2021 ($1,000 prize)
Deadline: September 30, 2021
Applications are open for the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Photo Contest on Salt-Affected Soils 2021. In the framework of the Global Symposium on Salt-Affected Soils (GSAS21), FAO and its Global Soil Partnership (GSP) is launching a Photo Contest on Salt-Affected Soils.
The purpose is to offer participants the opportunity to share their testimonies on the effects of soil salinity and sodification while raising awareness about the dangers posed by these soil threats.
The photos should focus on at least one of the below elements:
- Provide examples of the key drivers of soil salinization and sodification;
- Showcase the on-site and off-site impacts of salinization and sodification.
- The first three prizes will respectively win a cash prize of $500, $300 and $200.
- Additional prizes will be awarded to the first 10 shortlisted finalists. They will receive soil related gadgets, an official certificate of recognition and will have their entries printed and exposed on the UN/FAO websites and social media channels, and on a special article featuring the winners of the contest.
- Open to anyone around the world.
- Entrants must own the copyright and must have taken the photographs themselves.
- Photographs may have been taken at any time prior to the contest launch.
- Photographs must be submitted in .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .psd, .raw or .tiff format. Images should be submitted with the highest quality regarding file size, bit depth and resolution. Both colour and/or black and white images will be accepted.
- Photographs should be accompanied by a short description (max 300 words)
- The material must not violate or infringe tierce’s rights, including but not limited to trademark, privacy, publicity, or other intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement.
- The submission must not contain dates, text, brand names, logos and/or trademarks.
- The submission must be in any of the following FAO official languages: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian.
- Each participant can submit up to five entries by filling the Registration form. For any issues to access the google form, please download and fill this form and send it by email to [email protected]
- If your entry exceeds the maximum allowed size, contestants are invited to use WeTransfer, Google Drive, Dropbox or any other free file transfer services.
- Participants are welcome to post their photos on their social media accounts, using the hashtag #SoilSalinization #GSAS21.
For more information, visit FAO.