Deadline: September 15, 2021
Applications are open for the ICTP-EAIFR Masters Program in Physics 2021/2022 at the University of Rwanda – College of Science and Technology. The two-year master’s program offers specialisations in High Energy Physics, Condensed Matter Physics, and Geophysics.
The quality of the masters courses will be at the same level as the Postgraduate courses given at the International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) in Trieste, Italy. In the first year, students take the same basic physics courses designed to bring them to an advanced level in preparation for the second year in which they specialise in one of the three areas mentioned above. Students who successfully complete their programs will obtain MSc degrees from the University of Rwanda. The mode of attendance includes full-time course work (offered in modules) and a final thesis at the end of the second year.
- A limited number of scholarships are available for the top performing students.
- Open to young Africans;
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree with honours in Physics or Maths, with distinction.
Documents required for application include:
- A cover letter which should contain the candidate’s motivation to join the program;
- Detailed curriculum vitae;
- Copies of academic certificates (notarized copies will be required before admission. For degrees acquired outside Rwanda, an equivalence from HEC will also be required. Admitted students can process this when they arrive in Rwanda. No student shall be allowed to graduate without submitting the same equivalence issued by HEC.);
- Copies of academic transcripts (Original/notarized transcripts will be required before admission);
- Two recommendation letters from academic referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant and their studies;
- Documents that give proof of the student’s ability to follow advanced-level courses study and write scientific literature in the English language;
- Copy of national identity card or passport;
Applicants from countries where English is not the language of instruction at higher education must provide an English Proficiency Certificate from a relevant body of institution.
For more information, visit ICTP-EAIFR.