Deadline: September 12, 2021
Proposals are invited for the UN Habitat Climate Smart Cities Challenge 2021. The Climate Smart Cities Challenge is a global innovation initiative that makes use of innovation approaches such as challenge-driven innovation to match cities with smart solutions that help them achieve their climate goals.
UN-Habitat is working with the cities of Bogotá (Colombia), Bristol (United Kingdom), Curitiba (Brazil) and Makindye Ssabagabo (Uganda) to develop a deep understanding of stakeholder and community needs, climate challenges faced by the city and set incentives to identify innovative climate smart solutions.
Purpose of the Call for Proposals
The purpose of the Call for Proposals is to solicit proposals from interested non-profit and/or civil society organizations to provide technical support for the project “Climate Smart Cities Challenge’, a city-based open innovation initiative that invites technologists, businesses, innovators and investors to develop, test and scale cutting-edge solutions in a specific city or set of cities to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and contribute to making these cities more climate smart.
They are now looking for a non-profit organization to lead the innovation competition phase of the project. Applicant organizations should wish to participate as a partner in the Climate Smart Cities Challenge and should be able to contribute complementary in-kind resources (human resources, knowledge, funds, in-kind contributions, supplies and/or equipment) to achieve the common objectives of the project and subsequently agreed in an Agreement of Cooperation between UN-Habitat and the organization.
- Grant of up to $92,000 is available.
- Open to non-profit and/or civil society organizations;
- The organization needs to have demonstrated experience in challenge-driven innovation, challenge prizes and leading/implementing innovation competitions or similar processes.
- The organisation must have a legal status with a proof of registration;
- Must have a clear organisation profile and structure;
- Have an audited company financial statement (balance sheet and income statements) and auditors report for the last two years;
- Be willing and able to have a separate bank account for the funds provided by UN-Habitat.
Applicants shall submit their Call for Proposal response by email until September 12, 2021 to the attention of Pontus Westerberg via this e-mail address: [email protected].
For more information, visit UN Habitat.