International Tropical Timber Organisation (ITTO) Fellowship Program 2021 (Up to $10,000)
Deadline: October 21, 2021
Applications are open for the International Tropical Timber Organisation (ITTO) Fellowship Program 2021. ITTO offers fellowships through the Freezailah Fellowship Fund to promote human resource development and to strengthen professional expertise in member countries in tropical forestry and related disciplines.
The goal is to promote the sustainable management of tropical forests, the efficient use and processing of tropical timber, and better economic information about the international trade in tropical timber.
- The maximum amount for a fellowship grant is US$10,000.
- Only nationals of ITTO member countries are eligible to apply, and fellowships are awarded mainly to nationals of developing member countries.
- Awards are to be made to individuals not to institutions.
- Previous ITTO Fellowship awardees are not eligible to apply for an ITTO Fellowship, within two years of receiving an award and submitting to the Secretariat a final report on the activity for which the award was made.
Fellowship applications will be assessed against the following selection criteria (in no priority order):
- Consistency of the proposed activity with the Programme’s objective and priority areas;
- Qualifications of the applicant to undertake the proposed Fellowship activity;
- The potential of the skills and knowledge acquired or advanced under the Fellowship activity to lead to wider applications and benefits nationally and internationally;
- Reasonableness of costs in relation to the proposed Fellowship activity.
Additional consideration will be given to:
- Geographic and gender balance;
- Balance among the ITTO priority areas;
- Competency in the language in which the training will be given, where applicable (e.g. courses, conferences, study tours).
The deadline for receipt of applications is at 5pm (JST) on Thursday, 21 October 2021. Fellowship activities are expected to commence only after 1 January 2022.
For more information, visit ITTO Fellowship.