Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative Professional Fellows Program 2022 (Fully-funded to the U.S.)
Deadline: November 15, 2021
Applications are open for the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative Professional Fellows Program (YSEALI PFP) 2022. The YSEALI PFP provides emerging leaders from Southeast Asia the opportunity to spend five to six weeks in the United States gaining professionally relevant fellowship experiences at non-profit, public, or private sector organizations.
The program is designed to promote mutual understanding, enhance Fellows’ leadership and professional skills, and build lasting and sustainable partnerships between emerging leaders in Southeast Asia and the United States. YSEALI PFP is administered under four Institute themes: Civic Engagement, Economic Empowerment, Governance and Society, and Sustainable Development and the Environment.
The YSEALI Professional Fellows Program offers leadership and professional development opportunities under each of the following Institute themes:
- Civic Engagement
- Economic Empowerment
- Governance and Society
- Sustainable Development and the Environment
- Be a citizen and resident of one of the eleven YSEALI nations: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste, and Vietnam. Applicants living outside of the eleven eligible countries or on a long-term program will not be considered eligible to apply.
- Be an emerging leader in government, civil society, or the private sector who has demonstrated expertise pertaining to the respective theme under which he/she is applying.
- Be currently employed with at least two years of relevant professional experience at the time of application.
- Be between 25 and 35 years old at the start of the program (born on/after March 1, 1986 and no later than March 1, 1997).
- Be self-directed and able to work effectively in a cross-cultural setting.
- Be able to identify an objective/project of their own selection that the applicant would like to implement in their home workplace or community.
- Have demonstrated proficiency in both written and oral English.
- Have demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
Applications for the 2022 YSEALI PFP will close on November 15, 2021.
For more information, visit YSEALI PFP.