Ashoka-Prudential Emerging Visionaries Program 2021 (up to $15,000)
Deadline: November 4, 2021
Do you have a vision to transform your community — and the world— for the better? Where others see problems, do you see potential? Share how you are tackling financial barriers or social issues in your community and beyond for a chance to win support and up to $15,000 in awards.
The Prudential Emerging Visionaries is a national recognition program that celebrates young people for their innovative solutions to financial and societal challenges facing their communities. If that sounds like you, you may be an Emerging Visionary!
All eligible participants will receive:
- Peer feedback via the Challenge online platform, including the opportunity to view, review, and connect with other Prudential Emerging Visionaries applicants.
- Access to on-demand training to support you in your changemaking journey.
- A digital certificate of participation.
Winners will receive:
- A cash prize of up to $15,000 awarded as follows:
- 25 winners will receive $5,000 each — 20 of these winners will be selected from the Societal Solutions category and 5 winners from the Financial Solutions category.
- The 5 winners from the Financial Solutions category will be invited to join a pitch-off at the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit at Prudential’s headquarters. From there, 1 Financial Solutions Grand Prize Winner will receive an additional $10,000 grand prize, for a total of $15,000.
- 1 winner of either category will also receive the Prudential Employees’ Choice Award—an additional $5,000, to be awarded at the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit at Prudential’s headquarters. Note: The Financial Solutions Grand Prize Winner is not eligible to win the Prudential Employees’ Choice Award.
- All 25 winners will receive an all-expense paid trip to Prudential’s headquarters in Newark, New Jersey on April 23-26, 2022, with a parent or guardian for the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit. This will be an engaging experience in which participants will receive coaching, skills development, and an opportunity to meet with senior leaders from Prudential to help take their solution to the next level.
- Participants must be individuals between the ages of 14 – 18 when applying and not older than 18 by the end of the entry period. Groups and partners are not eligible.
- Participants must be legal residents of the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Participants must have started their project on or before June 1, 2021.
- Winners must bring one chaperone to the in-person event on April 23-26, 2022.
- One application per person.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- Prudential Spirit of Community National Honorees and State Honorees are NOT eligible to apply.
- Employees and their children and grandchildren of Prudential, Ashoka, Financial Health Network or its affiliates and participating advertising and promotion agencies are NOT eligible to apply.
Entries will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Innovation – Are you thinking innovatively to build financial health and resiliency or to solve social issues within your community?
- Potential to Scale – Do you have a vision for the future? Will this innovation create meaningful impact, and does it have the ability to scale even beyond your own community?
- Connection – Do you show a deep understanding of a problem or barrier you are trying to solve, and do you have a deep connection to the community you are bringing your solution to?
- Changemaker Quality – Are you passionate about making a change for the good of all, ready to show leadership or take action to solve a problem, and looking to activate others?
In addition to the evaluation criteria described above, winners will be selected to represent the diversity of applications received. Diversity can be showcased in the target audience of a project or its partners. Diversity will refer to: gender, accessibility, ethnicity, race, age and geography.
Submissions will be received until November 4, 2021. Screening and Community review will commence on November 9 and end on November 30, 2021. Winners will be announced on February 15, 2022.
For more information, visit Prudential Emerging Visionaries.