Call for Applications: Black Girl Freedom Fund 2021
Deadline: October 30, 2021
Applications are open for the Black Girl Freedom Fund 2021. In honor of the inaugural year of #1billion4blackgirls, Black Girl Freedom Fund (BGFF), the largest initiative of Grantmakers for Girls of Color (G4GC), is thrilled to announce this open call for applications to be funded through BGFF.
This round is open to organizations that center the leadership of Black girls and Black gender-expansive youth. They are especially excited to invite Black women-led, and femme-led organizations to apply for this round of funding. Future rounds of grantmaking will focus on other priority areas.
Open to U.S.-based organizations [501(c)3 or fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)3 organization] that are:
- Led by Black girls and/or Black women, Black femmes, and/or gender-expansive Black folks,
- Led by Black people, or other people of color, and serves Black girls, Black femmes, Black gender-expansive youth,
- Focuses on leadership development, including political education, community organizing, or teaches Black girls to exercise the power of their voice, or related mission,
- Currently facilitates programming virtually, in-person, or both,
- Centers the leadership and power of Black girls and Black gender-expansive youth in the organization’s mission and/or programs.
Applications will be open from September 15 through October 30, 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit BGFF.