Deadline: October 21, 2021
Applications are open for the Nova Scotia Canada Screenwriters Development Fund 2021. The Screenwriters Development Fund will consider investment in direct costs for film and TV scriptwriting.
The Screenwriters Development Fund will give priority to applications that demonstrate how their project achieves the following objectives:
- Supports the creation and development of film and TV script projects by Nova Scotian filmmakers.
- Strengthens the film and TV industry by developing Nova Scotia filmmakers, writers, and producers.
- Provides for inclusion and gender parity.
- A Nova Scotia registered Production Company can receive up to 50% of project costs through the fund. The department’s contribution will not exceed 50% of eligible costs and normally not exceed a maximum of $20,000.
- Eligible applicants are Nova Scotia Producers/Production companies.
- Projects must have both a Nova Scotia producer (whose production company is registered in Nova Scotia) and a Nova Scotia writer (who has maintained their primary residence in Nova Scotia for at least 12 months prior to the application submission date).
In your proposal, carefully consider and clearly outline your responses
to the following questions:
- What is your project? What work needs to be done (the effort) and how and when will it be carried out?
- Who is involved? Who are the partners or collaborators? What does each contribute to the project’s success?
- How does your project help to advance or promote equity, diversity and inclusion?
- How much do you need? What funding is required? What are other partners contributing?
Submit your signed application form, proposal and detailed budget by mail or email:
Communities, Culture and Heritage
Culture and Heritage Development Division
1741 Brunswickk Street, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 456
Halifax, NS, B3J 2R5
For more information, visit Nova Scotia Canada.