IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program 2022 for PhD Students
Deadline: January 14, 2022
Applications for the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) Young Scientists Summer Program 2022 are now open. IIASA offers a summer program for PhD students to undertake a scientific project on a topic related to the IIASA research agenda.
Participants will be working under the direct mentorship of an experienced IIASA scientist in a unique interdisciplinary and international research environment. They will produce a paper (serving as first step towards a publishable journal article) and will get the opportunity to build up contacts for future collaboration within the institute’s worldwide network.
- Most of the NMOs provide grants to enable young scientists (either their own nationals or foreign students studying in their country) to participate in the YSSP. Note: only limited slots available so there is a chance that selected candidates will not get funding from an NMO due to high demand). The stipend varies slightly among NMOs, but usually it is €1,500 per month plus airfare. If you are not citizen of or resident in an NMO country you must find alternative funds (either from your home institution or other sources) to finance participation.
- IIASA does not charge a tuition fee. In general, participants are expected to cover all expenses associated with their stay (3 months rent, meals, local transportation, expenses for any accompanying dependents, and health insurance) from their NMO grant or their other funding source.
- The program is designed for PhD students (ideally about 2 years prior to receiving their PhD);
- They should be working on a topic compatible with ongoing research at IIASA and a wish to explore the policy implications of their work.
- Applicants from all countries are welcome, although IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of National Member Organizations (NMO) countries.
Applications to the 2022 program are now being accepted (closing date is January 14, 2022 at midnight CEST). Selection Results can be expected as of March 12, 2022.
For more information, visit YSSP.