Leading The Pacific Scholarship to attend the One Young World Summit 2022 (Fully-funded to Tokyo, Japan)
Dealine: December 1, 2021
Applications for the Leading The Pacific Scholarship to attend the One Young World Summit 2022 are now open. The Leading The Pacific Scholarship is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from the Pacific region are represented at the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo.
Across the entire Pacific region, environmental issues dominate the agenda. Locally, communities are struggling against challenges of waste management, deforestation, overfishing, and the after-effects of nuclear testing. These threats will soon render many of the Pacific Islands uninhabitable, but the regions receive negligible coverage in the global news. Leaders have struggled to connect this diverse collection of islands, but Pacific societies have prospered within their remote locations and have the potential to unite and drive change within the region.
In the midst of these challenges, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
The scholarship covers:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan.
- Hotel accommodation between 15 and 19 May 2022.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Tokyo. Your flight to and from Tokyo must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
- Applicants are between the ages of 18 – 30;
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change;
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership;
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas;
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
Australia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Nauru, New Zealand, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
The deadline for application is December 1, 2021. late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit Leading The Pacific Scholarship.