Apply to Join the UNESCO SDG4Youth Network 2021
Deadline: November 1, 2021
Applications are open to join the SDG4Youth Network, a platform created by UNESCO’s Education Sector for advancing the SDG4 agenda with students as leaders, partners, and co-creators! The SDG4Youth Network will provide students and youth with an open and inclusive space to work together and contribute to shaping global education policies. The platform will serve as the Youth and Student constituency to the SDG 4-Education 2030 High-Level Steering Committee (HLSC).
Why join the SDG4Youth Network?
Led by UNESCO, the network aims to empower the voices of young people in relevant global discussions on quality education for all, and involve youth and students in their roles as advocates and changemakers.
As a member:
- You will get the opportunity to exchange global-to-local experiences with fellow young activists in education and work together to find solutions to complex social problems in education;
- You will gain access to resources and networking opportunities to make your voices heard at major education events;
- You will get access to training opportunities to strengthen your leadership skills in areas such as advocacy, negotiation, community organizing, facilitation, etc.;
- Stay updated on latest news and updates on youth and student education issues.
Are you currently working with youth/student organizations that are active in education action/advocacy? Do you meet the following criteria?
- You are aged 18-29 years old and/or the leadership/decision-making body for your organisation/group is comprised of 51% or more people aged below 30
- You are actively working to contribute to the Education 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- Your organisation/group is not for profit
- Your organization/group has been in existence or active in advocacy and implementation of education issues for a minimum of two years
- Fill out the application form
- You may apply on behalf of a registered youth/student entity
- Selected applicants will be contacted to join the platform in early November
For more information, visit SDG4Youth Network.