International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) Communications Internship – Fall 2021 (Paid position)
Deadline: Rolling Basis
Applications are open for the International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) Communications Internship – Fall 2021. The ICFJ is looking for a committed and talented intern to join their communications team and work with them to tell ICFJ’s story. This is an exciting and paid opportunity for a self-starter who wants to advance journalism and further develop his or her communications skills – particularly in digital media.
Interns should be enthusiastic, efficient and flexible. Good writing skills and experience with social media are required. An interest in journalism and/or international affairs is strongly suggested. Applicants should exhibit a spirit of teamwork.
Duties will include developing written, visual and video content, contributing to the maintenance of ICFJ’s website, providing support for ICFJ events and other administrative tasks. The internship requires a time commitment of 21 to 35 hours a week starting in November and lasting at least three months. The position will start out remote, but candidates may come into ICFJ’s Washington, DC, offices.
- Write and publish material for social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Own social media analytics
- Design visuals for social media
- Film and edit video interviews
- Help compile regular analytics reports using multiple tools, such as Facebook Insights and Google Analytics
- Update ICFJ’s website
- Write short web stories and press mentions
- Support ICFJ events
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Intern must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or a recent graduate. Marketing, communications, journalism and design majors preferred.
- Experience with video editing and video editing software
- Highly collaborative with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Take pride in your work
It is a plus if you have experience with:
- Major design applications, such as Adobe Creative Suite
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates should complete an application and upload a cover letter, resume, a social media graphic, and a writing sample.
For more information, visit IFCJ.