United People Global (UPG) Biashara Initiative For Entrepreneurs 2022
Deadline: December 31, 2021
Applications are open for the United People Global (UPG) Biashara Initiative For Entrepreneurs 2022. The UPG Biashara is an initiative that supports entrepreneurs in their journey to turn ideas into businesses. This includes growing and strengthening existing enterprises.
Biashara is a Kiswahili word for “business” and it emphasizes the fact that with this initiative UPG is supporting entrepreneurs and all those looking to create impact through business. UPG Biashara will make it easier for aspiring entrepreneurs to learn how to kick start their business and also fine-tune potential business ideas with the goal of making the world a better place.
The program’s objectives for 2022 is:
- To certify at least 500 people who complete the training each year;
- To support at least 500 people who are taking entrepreneurial action each year – in different ways;
- To support at least 100 entrepreneurs running businesses each year;
- To provide financial support to entrepreneurs ranging from USD $5,000 to USD $20,000.
- people who are running a business or who have run businesses in the past;
- people who have an idea about a business that they would love to build AND people who have NO specific IDEA;
- people aged 18 years and over on October 1 2021;
- people of different levels of education;
- people who have a strong motivation to learn or to learn more about entrepreneurship;
- people who believe in UPG’s mission to empower people to make the world a better place through positive action.
The evaluation is done by reviewing the following sections of your application:
- Profile / Background – who are you? This helps to achieve diversity.
- Motivation – They want the most motivated candidates.
- Ability – They want those whose ability is compatible with their motivation.
- Business Idea – They want those who are running a business or who dream of running a business one day. You do NOT lose any points if you have no business idea. But if you have a Business IDEA OR an actual business that you are running, then you get EXTRA points. Please note that most financial opportunities will support entrepreneurs with business ideas. Don’t worry, because of what they are looking for, they will also select some people with “no business idea”, however your chances are stronger if you are running a business or have a business idea.
- Expectations – To ensure that they can build the program and match the candidates that the program can support.
For more information, visit UPG Biashara.