Deadline: November 20, 2021
Apply to Speak at the Youth STEM Summit 2021. The Youth STEM Summit – a global virtual event created by Youth STEM 2030 that empowers youth as changemakers in science, tech, engineering & maths (STEM) – is back, and they are giving YOUth a platform!
Whether you want to share your journey in STEM, raise awareness of an issue you care about, or showcase your work to make a difference, they’d like to hear from you! Applications are open to all youth aged 24 & under, and they’ve got a range of different sessions available, including giving a 10-15 minute talk, taking part in a Q+A session, highlighting a challenge (or solution!) through a 6 minute lightning talk, or joining other speakers for a panel discussion.
- Join an awesome line-up of 50+ speakers at a global event.
- Receive a certificate recognising your participation as a speaker.
- Connect with a global community of youth who are tackling the world’s biggest challenges.
- Develop your public speaking skills, and add the experience to your CV.
- Open to young people around the world.
- Applicant should be aged 24 & under.
They’ve got 4 different session formats, and you can indicate which one(s) you prefer in the application form. Note that they can’t guarantee accommodating every preference, but if your application is selected, they’ll confirm the date, time, format and any other speakers.
- Talk: A 10-15 minute talk, with (optional) use of slides and audience questions.
- Q+A: Spend 10-15 minutes sharing your journey & advice for youth by answering audience questions (moderated by a member of the Youth STEM Summit team).
- Lightning Talk: A 6 minute talk about a local or global challenge, an issue you care about, or a solution you have created.
- Panel: A discussion between several people on a specific theme, facilitated by a panel chairperson.
Applications are being accepted from 13:00 BST on Thursday 2nd September 2021, until the closing date of 11:00am GMT on Saturday 20th November 2021.
For more information, visit Youth STEM Summit.