Global Health Corps (GHC) Fellowship Program 2022-2023 (Stipend available)
Deadline: January 12, 2022
Applications for the Global Health Corps (GHC) Fellowship Program 2022-2023 are open. The GHC Fellowship Program recruits and trains talented young leaders with a wide range of skill sets and backgrounds to join and contribute to the movement for health equity.
Through a highly selective process, GHC recruits and places young professionals to serve for 13 months in high impact roles on the front lines of global health. During their fellowship year, fellows make significant contributions to their placement organizations and the communities they serve. Each year, GHC is inspired and amazed by the passion of thousands of applicants, of whom they can accept just 2-3%. Currently, GHC places fellows in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia.
In addition to the intensive leadership development and professional growth that the fellowship offers, the Global Health Corps fellowship includes several benefits:
- Monthly living stipend
- Professional development funds
- Completion award
- Travel costs covered to and from GHC training and retreats
- Be 30 years or younger.
- Hold a bachelor’s or undergraduate university degree.
- Be proficient in English.
- Be a citizen or legal permanent resident of Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, or Zambia.
They are looking for a diverse group of high-potential leaders from every sector and professional background who bring the skills necessary to address critical health systems gaps and who embody their key leadership practices:
- Collaborative: You value inclusion and collaboration across sectors, cultures, and borders of all kinds. You are ready to listen to and embrace others’ perspectives, even when they are different from your own.
- Committed to learning: You are willing to push yourself outside your comfort zone often (while practicing self-care). You are ready to approach a personally transformative year with integrity, humility, and self-reflection.
- Inspiring and mobilizing: You are ready to strengthen and use your voice — the most powerful tool for change that you have — in order to engage others, create space for critical conversation, and effect meaningful social change in global health.
- Committed to social justice: You are passionate about social justice in health and have both the patience and the motivation to engage in the hard, complex work of building just health systems.
- Adaptive and innovative: You are excited by a design-thinking approach to building a better world, creatively embracing problems and ready to embrace failure as learning.
- Results-driven: You bring your best self and are motivated to do the day-to-day work needed to bring about positive change in the global health equity movement.
The application and review process are designed to assess your leadership fit for the GHC community as well as your skills fit for your fellowship role. Applicants may apply to up to three fellowship roles. Every year, they receive a high volume of amazing and inspiring applicants to join the fellowship class and can only accept a small percentage. However, about one-third of the fellows have applied more than once!
For more information, visit Global Health Corps.