UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education 2021 ($25,000 prize)
Deadline: February 18, 2022
Nominations are invited for the UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education 2021. The 2021 edition of the Prize will award projects that have built and implemented technology-enabled public learning systems and programs that effectively ensured the continuity and quality of learning for all.
The projects must ensure the data privacy and well-being of students, teachers, and caregivers. They should also consider the adoption of greening strategies to mitigate or neutralize the negative impacts of the technological solutions to internet connectivity and digital devices in education.
Each year the Prize has a specific theme to be taken into account by nomination proposals. The theme of the 2021 edition of the Prize is the use of technology to enable inclusive crisis-resilient learning systems.
- Each prize winner receives $25,000, a medal and a diploma during a ceremony at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris.
- Open to Individuals, institutions, non-governmental organizations or other entities.
- The project should be ongoing for at least for 1 year
- The project and its organization should not be affiliated to UNESCO or receive any funding from UNESCO
- The technology tools used by the project should be open and free.
- Relevance to the Thematic Focus: The project is in line with the objectives of the Prize and is relevant to the specific theme of the year
- Innovation: The project applies innovative technologies to provide affordable and inclusive tools
- Evidence of Impact: The project should provide evidence of impact
- Potential for Replicability and Scalability: The project should show evidence that it can be replicated in other contexts or have the potential to further optimize and scale its impact
- Inclusion and Equity: The project should use innovative technologies to advance inclusion and equity in education, while taking into account marginalized groups, leaners in crises and emergencies contexts and learners with disabilities.
- Contact nominating entity: If your project/program meets the criteria, get in contact as soon as possible with an appropriate nominating entity to inform about your interest in applying for the Prize.
- Create your account: Request a user account and indicate through which entity you will apply,
- Go to the online platform accessible and start filling in the online application form in English or French.
- Present your project/programme in a clear and structured way, following the instructions given in the form and respecting the indicated word limit. All supporting materials (e.g. publications, photos, videos) must be transmitted electronically through the online system.
- Ensure that your project is nominated.