Santen Action for Inclusion One Young World Scholarship to Attend the OYW Summit 2022 (Fully-funded to Tokyo, Japan)
Deadline: January 7, 2022
Applications are open for the Santen Action for Inclusion One Young World Scholarship to Attend the OYW Summit 2022. This program will enable three young changemakers to participate in the One Young World Summit 2022 as part of Santen’s global delegation.
In line with their commitment to inclusion and their passion for embracing new solutions this scholarship is intended for:
- Young entrepreneurs or advocates who are working on solutions to address disability inclusion.
- Young entrepreneurs or advocates who are people with disabilities.
Santen, with a proud history over 130 years, is a Japan-originated company with a global footprint in 60 countries. They are uniquely positioned as a specialized company, 100% dedicated to eye health.
Santen is a proud founding member of The Valuable 500, the global voice of disability inclusion in business. Launched at the World Economic Forum in 2019, The Valuable 500 is a collective of 500 CEOs and their companies, representing some of the world’s biggest brands. Together, these leaders foster innovation and early adoption of disability inclusion across the business value chain. Companies within the Valuable 500 represent 68 sectors, 41 countries, over 21 million employees, and $8 trillion in annual revenue.
Scholars will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo.
- Hotel accommodation in Tokyo on a shared basis between 15 and 19 (inclusive) May.
- Return air travel.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Ground transportation between Summit venues in Tokyo.
- Applicants must be aged between 18 to 30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2022.
- Passion for local and global issues.
- Willingness to engage and collaborate with fellow scholarship recipients and employees of Santen who are also attending the Summit.
- Track record of developing solutions that enhance the inclusion of people with disabilities through entrepreneurship or advocacy.
Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. They are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
For more information, visit One Young World.