Deadline: January 10, 2022
Applications are open for the PSC Public Service Emerging Leaders Fellowship Program 2022. As Kenya’s government continues to build an effective civil service corps, the Public Service Commission (PSC) launched the Public Service Emerging Leaders Fellowship of Kenya as an intergenerational effort to re-engage Kenya’s youth in public service and administration.
With an initial cohort of 50 future government leaders, the Public Service Emerging Leaders Fellowship program will focus on public-sector specific leadership development, ethics cultivation and citizen-centered government delivery.
In the course of a year, the fellowship trains and develops Kenya’s most promising young civil servants for future leadership, providing them with responsive training, supporting them with mentors, and connecting them with a pan-African peer network for support throughout their public service careers.
The Public Service Fellows will experience a specially designed curriculum, which incorporates ethical leadership, responsive training, and inclusive policy development and leadership modules from Kenya and around the world. Designed in collaboration with the Chandler Institute of Governance, an international non-profit organization based in Singapore, the curriculum is defined by its strong practitioner orientation.
- The fellowship is a 12-month program, offering a certificate on successful completion of the program.
- 50 applicants will be selected. The program curriculum includes responsive training, hands-on mentorship, community service engagement and continuous career development support.
- Applicant must have served as an employee of the Public Service Commission in any State Department for a period of between six months and one year;
- Be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university;
- Have graduated in the year 2015 or later; and
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications.
- Applicant must submit a five hundred (500) word essay on why they consider themselves a suitable candidate for the program.
- Fill out the ONLINE application request through the Commission’s job portal or here.
For more information, visit PSC Kenya Fellowship.