Teachers CAN Fellowship 2022 for Teachers in South Africa
Deadline: January 17, 2022
Applications are open for the Teachers CAN Fellowship 2022. The Teachers CAN recognises the steep learning curve and intensity of the first years of teaching. Added to limited peer support and connection opportunities, the under-valuing of teachers’ voices in the broader eco-system and limited scope to influence the day to day running of classrooms and they are running the risk of more and more young teachers leaving the profession.
To counter this, they seek to foster new ways for Teachers to see themselves as well as their role in the education system, developing their individual as well as collective identities as change agents within the system.
The one-year program will have the following components:
- Immersions – three workshops taking place during the March, June and September holidays. The immersions will take place in a hybrid format with a combination of in-person and online engagements
- Peer learning – this is an opportunity for fellows to grow in their profession through sharing experiences and collaborating towards achieving better outcomes
- Network building – fellows will have an opportunity to engage with the wider network through various platforms where they can put in to practise their learning and further embed their identity as key role players in the eco-system.
All the components of the fellowship are aimed at helping young teachers develop a common identity rooted in professionalism, creativity and disruption of the status quo. The fellowship seeks to provide fellows with a stimulating and nurturing environment rooted in the belief that each one of them has the potential to make a difference in the education system.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 23 – 35;
- Must Hold at least a 4-year B.Ed. degree/PGCE;
- Currently teaching in a South African school;
- Between 2 -5 years teaching experience;
- Proven potential to become a change agent;
- Demonstrated desire to bring positive change in the South African schooling system.
Applications for the fellowship must be submitted by January 17, 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit Teachers CAN Fellowship.