CIFOR-ICRAF Youth in Landscapes Network Internship 2022
Deadline: December 12, 2021
Applications are open for the CIFOR-ICRAF Youth in Landscapes Network Internship 2022. The primary objective of the Youth in Landscapes Network intern is to facilitate the growth of the network through community building, promotion, and ensuring that programs serve the broader youth community through working with the GLF Youth team.
Potential duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate regularly with the Youth in Landscapes Steering Committee and the GLF Youth team;
- Assist in creating and delivering youth programs both at GLF events (and other partner’s events), as well as youth long term programs, coordinating with the broader GLF team;
- Assist in mainstreaming youth initiatives and programmes across GLF activities;
- Coordinate the YIL project teams;
- Maintain all Youth in Landscapes pages on the GLF website;
- Support the youth social media consultant to maintain and facilitate the engagement and network building on social media (YIL FB groups and page, YIL Twitter);
- Craft communications material and regularly promote new opportunities;
- Assist in knowledge management and regularly update activities and information of YIL partners’ organizations – IFSA, YPARD, GAEA, and others;
- Lead outreach to associate partners and youth organizations;
- Undertake other key tasks and administration related to young people and GLF as they rise.
- CIFOR may provide the Intern with a monthly stipend or living allowance. The stipend or living allowance provided to the Intern shall follow the rate used by the Human Resources Unit for Interns at CIFOR.
- Be currently enrolled in, or recently obtained, an M.Sc. on Sustainable Development, Nature Conservation, or similar field. Alternatively, graduated in a B.Sc. with 2 years’ experience (volunteer or not) in the field of youth engagement and mobilization.
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Experience with online engagement, youth organizations, capacity development, or event-management is an asset;
- Experience with communications, outreach and marketing is an asset.
- Experience with WordPress, social media, and other online tools (e.g. Miro, Mural, Slido, etc.) is an asset;
- Experienced and/or comfortable with remote work.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Be self-motivated, resourceful and energetic;
- Be able to find creative solutions;
- Value attention to detail;
- Be a team player with great interpersonal communications skills;
- Have a proven ability to work well under pressure.
In your cover letter make sure to share why you would like to be a part of the GLF Youth team and to answer to the following questions:
- What are you passionate about?
- How can your passion and skills positively contribute to the work of the GLF Youth Team?
- If you could create any program to support young people to bring positive change in their landscapes, what would that program be about? Please describe briefly.
For more information, visit CIFOR-ICRAF.