Female Founders Grant Competition 2022 for Female Entrepreneurs in Northern Ireland (up to £35,000)
Deadline: January 31, 2022
Are you based in Northern Ireland? Do yo have an innovative Business Idea? Are you looking to kick start your idea and could use some Grant Funding and Business Support? Applications are open for the Female Founders Grant Competition 2022.
Techstart Ventures and Women in Business are excited to partner together to invite Females across Northern Ireland, with an innovative Business Idea, to apply for a Grant of up to £35k to help kickstart their Business. Whether you are an individual with an exciting, novel idea … or an established business looking to explore a new product or market … you could receive a grant to support your innovation.
- Applicants can apply for a grant of up to £35k. The grants will be provided by Techstart Ventures.
- Successful Applicants will also receive a business mentor through the Women in Business mentoring program.
- Applicants must be a Sole Trader, Partnership or Limited Company to apply. Applications from Community Interest Companies and Social Enterprises will not be considered.
- You (i.e. Sole Trader, Partnership, Limited Company) must have an innovative business idea.
- You must be resident in Northern Ireland, and if the principal applicant is applying through a Limited Company then the Company must be registered in Northern Ireland, with the principal applicant being the majority shareholder in the Limited Company. (Please note that Techstart may ask for a copy of a recent utility bill for proof of address).
- If you are applying for some of the grant to cover the employment costs of people promoting the project, then the application must be made by a Limited Company.
- For independent third-party costs, at application stage you must identify your proposed supplier. If your proposed supplier has provided you with a quotation, you should append to your application.
- Successful applicants will be required to provide formal quotations from the proposed Suppliers in advance of a Letter of Offer being issued.
- Up to 30% of the grant awarded is available to cover the employment costs of the people promoting the project with a set daily rate of £200. For such costs to be approved, your application must clearly detail what work will be done during the PoC project under these costs and what the output will be. Please note that Administration Time, Project Management Time and similar Overhead activities will not be eligible activities to be covered within employment costs.
Once the Closing Date has passed, and all Application Forms received, Techstart will complete an eligibility check on each application. If your application is eligible, you will be invited to present your Business Idea to a Panel.
For more information, visit Female Founders Grant.