Kenyan Drone Business Competition 2022
Deadline: January 16, 2022
Applications for the Kenyan Drone Business Competition 2022 are now open. The Kenyan Drone Business Competition 2022 (KDBC) seeks to nurture creativity and hone entrepreneurial skills among Kenya-based early-stage technology entrepreneurs with an interest in Drones.
Competitors can apply to be selected as one of 25 Entrepreneurs to participate in a 5-Day virtual boot camp where they will have the opportunity to create and pitch their drone business idea while learning about the drone industry from experienced drone professionals at The Global Air Drone Academy (GADA).
After the virtual bootcamp, judges will select 10 Finalists to be invited to Nairobi to participate in a 2-Day practical training. On day one, finalists will experience hands-on training on drone technology and on day two pitch their drone business idea live to a panel of judges. Three (3) Winners will be selected to win the KDBC 2022 prize.
This comprehensive training will teach budding entrepreneurs how to relate this new technology to real-world practical solutions, how to create and pitch a business idea, how to safely operate and fly a drone, and the best ways to market their startup in 2022 and beyond.
- The Top 3 Winners of the #KenyanDBC will win a scholarship to a KCAA-approved drone training program and business coaching to launch their new business as part of Kenya Flying Lab’s drone business accelerator program which includes access and training on other drone platforms and sensors from Kenya Flying Labs depending on winners final submission and use cases requirements.
- Applicant must be between 18 and 35 years old;
- Must be citizen and current (as off submission date) resident of Kenya;
- If selected as a Top 25 Entrepreneurs, must be able to participate in a 5-DAY Virtual Training (2Hrs per Day);
- If selected as a Top 10 finalist, must be able to participate in a 2-DAY In-Person Training in Nairobi (reasonable transportation, lodging and meals will be covered);
- If selected as a Winner, must be willing to participate in Kenya Flying Lab’s drone business accelerator program.
Each submission will be evaluated on:
- Business feasibility
- Societal economic benefits
Part one of the competition will be held virtually via Zoom. 10 Finalists will then be invited to Nairobi for a 2-Day program at a convenient hotel location. Finalists will arrive on Wednesday, 2nd March and depart on Saturday, 5th March.
For more information, visit KDBC.