Novo Nordisk Foundation Ascending Investigator Grants 2022 (up to DKK 10 million)
Deadline: January 11, 2022
Applications are open for the Novo Nordisk Foundation Ascending Investigator Grants 2022. The Novo Nordisk Foundation wishes to make significant contributions to the sustainability of society and the environment.
The Ascending Investigator grant supports the continued development and consolidation of excellent research leaders within industrial biotechnology and environmental biotechnology in the Nordic countries. The proposed research should address major challenges within industrial biotechnology or environmental biotechnology. There should be a clear and strategic outlook to improve sustainability and provide high-impact solutions at a large scale.
Areas of Interest
The proposed research must involve a clear element of biotechnology, and the research projects should preferably include one or more of the following topics:
- Use or engineering of biological/biotechnological tools, systems or microorganisms for synthesis and production of valuable products (e.g. energy, fuels, chemicals, proteins, and materials)
- Development of technologies and processes for bioproduction
- Improvement of the efficiency and/or sustainability of biomanufacturing
- Use or engineering of biological/biotechnological tools, systems, or microorganisms to protect or improve the environment
- Understanding, protection, or manipulation of natural or industrial ecosystems in relation to application of biotechnology
- Data science to advance research within industrial or environmental biotechnology, including related ecosystems research
- Grants can support research activities for a total budget of up to DKK 10 million over a 5-year grant period.
- Faculty members and researchers at the associate professor level or with similar qualifications (e.g. senior assistant professor or senior researcher) with an independent research program at a university or other non-profit research institution in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway or Sweden are eligible to apply for the Ascending Investigator grant.
Note that proposals focusing on plant science, agriculture and food biotechnology should be submitted to the Novo Nordisk Foundation Committee on Plant Science, Agriculture and Food Biotechnology, while proposals with a focus on pharmaceuticals and therapeutics should be submitted to the Novo Nordisk Foundation Committee on Bioscience and Basic Biomedicine.
Applications must be completed and submitted using the online system following the instructions in the “Information and guidelines for applicants”. Additional essential information regarding eligibility, funding and the application process is found in this pdf.
For more information, visit Novo Nordisk Foundation.