Foreign Affairs Information Technology (FAIT) Fellowship 2022 for U.S. citizens
Deadline: January 31, 2022
Applications for the Foreign Affairs Information Technology (FAIT) Fellowship 2022 are now open. If you want to use your tech skills to make a difference, see the world, and experience different cultures, the Foreign Affairs IT (FAIT) Fellowship is an opportunity of a lifetime.
Funded by the U.S. Department of State, this two-year Fellowship program is a path to a career in the Foreign Service by providing academic funding for an IT-related degree, internships, professional development and mentorship – culminating in an appointment in the Foreign Service as an Information Management Specialist (IMS).
As a FAIT Fellow, you can expect to forge new friendships, create a professional network, and build memories for a lifetime. Plus, here are the benefits of the Fellowship:
- Up to $37,500 annually (total of $75,000) in academic funding for the junior and senior years of undergraduate study, OR a two-year master’s degree program in an IT-related field;
- Stipends, housing and travel allowances for the two summer internships: A domestic internship in Washington, D.C. at the U.S. Department of State; and an international internship at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad;
- Personalized mentoring and professional development opportunities throughout the program;
- An appointment in the Foreign Service as an Information Management Specialist upon successful completion of the program and the State Department’s requirements.
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program relevant to Information Technology at a U.S.-based accredited institution and entering your junior year in fall 2022, OR
- Be seeking admission in an IT-related master’s degree program at a U.S.-based accredited institution beginning in fall 2022;
- Be on a timeline to graduate with your bachelor’s or master’s degree in May 2024;
- Hold a minimum 3.2 GPA on a 4.0 scale at the time of the application, and maintain this GPA through participation in the program;
- Be able to obtain and maintain medical and security clearances and suitability requirements;
- Agree to a minimum five-year commitment with the Foreign Service upon successful completion of the program and the State Department’s requirements.
Your application must include:
- Proof of U.S. ctizenship
- A Personal statment
- Most recent financial aid award letter
- Most recent student aid report
- Statement of financial need
- One letter of recommendation
For more information, visit FAIT Fellowship.