Deadline: January 31, 2022
Applications are open for the Oxford Foundry/FMDQ Young Entrepreneurs Leadership Program 2022. The Oxford Foundry and FMDQ Private Markets, have partnered to accelerate the growth of Nigeria’s start-up ecosystem and nurture a future generation of young Nigerian leaders in entrepreneurship, through knowledge exchange and collaboration.
The Young Entrepreneurs Leadership Program (YELP) will offer twenty (20) young emerging Nigerian leaders – to be known as ‘OXFO-FMDQ Young Entrepreneur Leaders’ – with a bespoke leadership training program delivered over four (4) months from April 25, 2022 to August 26, 2022.
The online program requires a commitment of at least ten (10) hours per month, consisting of:
- Roundtable discussions with world-leaders in business and entrepreneurship.
- Masterclasses to build essential leadership skills.
- A virtual entrepreneurial learning environment.
- Access influential networks and meet leading professionals: Build your skills through four (4) virtual masterclasses and roundtable discussions delivered by world-class business leaders and accomplished entrepreneurs
- Gain leadership skills and insights: Acquire the critical leadership skills required for the modern economy, including purposeful leadership, culture and strategy, diversity and inclusion, resilience, social influence, building and leading high performing teams, and much more
- Build your professional and personal networks: Grow your professional network through the relationships you build with leading professionals
- Join a supportive community: Gain access to a strong support community of peers
- Make a difference: Unlock your leadership potential and help make the world a better place by contributing to the SDGs
- Boost your CV and gain skills that are in very high demand from employers
- Open to aspiring young entrepreneurial leaders (aged 21-35 years old) based in Nigeria who dare to do what’s right, not what’s easy, to create positive change in their region.
- Leaders must be committed to pursuing transformation in the Nigerian community through their work. They are individuals who are committed to making an impact and are seeking the leadership skills and moral imagination to make it happen.
- The Leaders they seek can be from for-profit or non-profit organisations, or government entities. They typically look to train leaders with a goal to support the achievement of one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Nigeria, categorised as follows:
- Entrepreneurs: Founders or leaders for a for-profit or non-profit organisation
- Intrapreneurs: Creating innovative solutions from within an existing institution by shifting its culture; building new collaborations and aligning its objectives to tackle the SDGs
- Organisation builders: Supporting the growth of an organisation, institution, or company, focused on achieving the SDGs but not as the founder or Chief Executive Officer
- Leaders with strong personal integrity, unrelenting perseverance, and moral imagination
- Committed individuals ready to undergo an intensive four-month-long personal transformation and leadership journey
- Individuals of all gender and education levels who can participate in a program conducted in English and are living in Nigeria
- Intellectually curious individuals eager to learn and solve problems.
- Any relevant work experience to date and skills you have acquired.
- Self-driven individuals with aspirations to become a future leader in business, start-ups, venture capital, and/or non-profit organisations.
- Impact-focused individuals determined to use the learnings from this experience to help tackle one or more of the SDGs and make the world a better place.
For more information, visit YELP.