Deadline: January 15, 2022
Applications are open for the UNHCR NGO Innovation Award 2022. The Award celebrates the efforts and accomplishments of NGOs who developed innovative approaches for protection and delivery of services to refugees and other persons of concern to UNHCR.
UNHCR, via this Award, seeks to identify and recognize the new and creative approaches that can result in better protection and delivery of service to the communities they serve and amplify the acts of solidarity and innovation in an age of increasing uncertainty and disruption.
The 2022 Award will focus on women-led organizations and girl-led organizations (WLOs) working with or supporting refugees, internally displaced persons, returnees, stateless persons and host communities. The Award will prioritize the organizations created or led by refugees and other persons of concern to UNHCR, but is also open to other community-based women-led organizations working in forced displacement context. This focus on women-led organizations seeks to award organizations that hold strong organizational values, principles, and commitments to gender equality and accountability to women and girls, as well as those that promote women in positions of leadership.
- Seven (7) winning organisations, one each in UNHCR’s regions, will receive $15,000 each to help support their innovation work that strives to uphold and improve challenges around gender equity and accountability to women and girls.
Your organisation is eligible to apply if you:
- Are women-led or girl-led;
- Are working in forced displacement context;
- Work at the local, grassroot level;
- Have developed innovative approaches in your work.
Winners will be selected on the following criteria:
- The understanding and clarity of the challenge
- The novelty of the solution
- The inclusion of women and/or girls in designing the solution
- The achieved impact or intended impact of the project
Note that a high number of nominations/form submissions for the same organization does not increase that organization’s chances of winning the Award. When nominating an organization, or self-nomination, one submission is enough.
For more information, visit UNHCR.