Apply for the World Habitat Awards 2022 (£10,000 prize)
Deadline: March 14, 2022
Applications for the World Habitat Awards 2022 are now open. The World Habitat Awards recognise and highlight innovative, outstanding and sometimes revolutionary housing ideas, projects and programs from across the world. More than 250 outstanding World Habitat Awards projects have been recognised over the years, demonstrating substantial, lasting improvements in living conditions.
The World Habitat Awards competition has been run by World Habitat in partnership with UN-Habitat since 1985. In that time some of the world’s most remarkable and innovative housing projects have received international recognition for their work. In 2022, they will be presenting Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards to the most outstanding projects and programs.
- The two Gold Award-winning projects receive:
- A trophy (presented at a global event) in recognition of their work to develop and deliver good practice in housing. World Habitat meets travel and accommodation costs for a project representative to attend the awards ceremony;
- Prize money of £10,000; and
- Follow-up support from World Habitat through their exChange program.
- Silver and Bronze Award-winning projects receive a certificate and the opportunity to partner with World Habitat in the promotion of their initiatives.
- Open to all individuals, organisations or governments who have addressed housing challenges.
- Open to projects from around the world that:
- focus on affordable and adequate housing;
- have taken action to address the climate emergency;
- are in progress or have been completed in the last ten years;
- are taking steps to promote diversity, equality and inclusion; and
- have been designed and/ or delivered in close collaboration with the residents/ local community
- Projects at design/ prototype/ planning stage or completed over ten years ago will not be considered.
- Previous entrants can re-submit in subsequent years providing that the project has developed significantly in the intervening time period.
- You can enter projects that were developed and/or implemented by another individual or organisation. However, your entry must include a letter of permission from the original designer/implementer agreeing to its entry and for its publication in the event of it winning an Award.
- Entries may be submitted in English, Spanish or French.
Entries can be submitted now in English, Spanish or French until 23:59 UTC Monday, March 14, 2022.
For more information, visit World Habitat Awards.