Deadline: February 13, 2022
Applications are open for the Swedish Institute Management Program Northern and Eastern Europe 2022. At the Swedish Institute, they have created unique development program which brings together people from different Northern and Eastern European countries in an enhanced collaborative environment, where they can co-create solutions between business and other sector organisations in your country which have a genuine chance of success.
The Swedish Institute Management Program (SIMP) offers you proven tools and knowledge from experts who can help you to put sustainability at the heart of your strategy and take your leadership to the next level. The program is based on Sweden’s prominent position in innovation and sustainable business – and its connection to the global economy.
SIMP Fellows will receive:
- In-depth knowledge and skills about sustainable business practices with a focus on human rights, climate and the environment, decent working conditions and anti-corruption.
- Capacity and knowledge to lead change and promote sustainable business practices in your own organisation.
- Insights into business cases for sustainability in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice.
- Knowledge to let you work with Design Thinking as a method to develop creative and sustainable solutions to complex problems.
- Customised expert coaching based on your organisation’s and your own personal needs.
- A unique opportunity of close collaboration and exchange with colleagues at your own level from several other countries, developing strong, long-lasting professional networks.
- Access to the global Swedish Institute alumni network with leaders who are committed to sustainable business and responsible leadership.
If you are highly motivated to run your business in a sustainable way and promote sustainable business practices in your country; and you also have the mandate to drive strategies throughout your business – then you can apply!
- You are a citizen and resident of Armenia, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russian Federation, Sweden or Ukraine.
- You are between 25 and 50 years old (born 1971–1996).
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and a track record of making things happen.
- You are willing to support and share your experience and knowledge with other participants.
- You have a high level proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- You have a post-secondary education.
Program Structure, Format and Timeline
SIMP Northern and Eastern Europe 2022 takes place from May to November 2022. The program is mainly focused into three modules which will take place in May, September and November. Each module lasts between three to six weeks and requires approximately 10 hours per week, including participation in live online sessions, and engagement with pre-recorded material, group assignments and individual work. In between the modules, you will work on your own sustainability project with the help of expert coaching and group tasks.
- Module 1: Mondays and Wednesdays 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25, 30 May and 1 June at 13-16 CEST (Central European Summer time, i.e. Swedish time)
- Module 2: Mondays and Wednesdays 5, 7, 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28 September at 13-16 CEST (Central European Summer time)
- Module 3: Mondays and Wednesdays 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, 30 November and 1 December 13-16 CET (Central European time)
Filling in the application form online takes about 60 min or more and there is no session saving possibility. Kindly have the following ready before starting to fill the application:
- Passport size photo of yourself
- Recommendation letter
For more information, visit Swedish Institute.