Ocean Wise Innovator Lab 2022 (up to $2,500 CAD)
Deadline: January 31, 2022
Applications for the Ocean Wise Innovator Lab 2022 are now open. The Ocean Wise Innovator Lab is elevating youth voices by providing mentorship from leading ocean experts and entrepreneurs, access to funding and educational resources that will help participants realize and share their innovative ocean health solutions.
During the three month program, participants will learn about issues impacting the ocean, in particular ocean plastics, and develop an innovation that tackles this problem. At the end of this three month program, youth participants will submit their final innovations for review.
The top three innovations will receive recognition of their achievement along with:
- 1st place: $2,500 CAD
- 2nd place: $1,000 CAD
- 3rd place: $500 CAD
All participants will also receive a digital certificate in recognition of their participation, along with a badge that can be added to their LinkedIn profiles and resume.
The Ocean Wise Innovator Lab invites youth from around the world who meet the following criteria to apply for the three month program. You are a great fit for the program if you:
- Have an interest and / or background knowledge in ocean health, particularly in solving the issue of ocean plastics.
- Are impact-oriented and interested in designing an innovation to address ocean plastics by April 30, 2022.
- Are looking to gain skills in design development and entrepreneurship, as well as deepen your knowledge on what’s impacting the health of the oceans.
- Were born between January 1, 1992 and January 1, 2009, and are ready to make a change to one of the world’s greatest environmental problems.
- Live somewhere on planet Earth (land or water, they don’t mind).
To apply you’ll need to share:
- Your email address, location and birth date
- A brief bio or description of yourself / your team, including relevant background and experience
- Why you want to participate
- The discipline your innovation will most likely fit with (e.g. communications, engineering, computer science, hospitality, social sciences, etc.)
- Your social media handles (optional)
For more information, visit Ocean Wise Innovator Lab.