UN FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship Program 2022–2023
Deadline: February 28, 2022
Applications for the UN FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship Program 2022–2023 are now open. The following Master of Science degree course is offered in English for the 2022–23 academic year at the Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Buda Campus, Budapest: Food safety and quality engineering (Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences).
The aim of the scholarship is the education of food safety and quality engineers obtaining a master degree, who can apply their microbiological, molecular biological, toxicological and analytical chemical knowledge to control and check the production and distribution of food that has high quality and is appropriate by all means for human nutrition.
The scholarship will cover:
- Application and tuition fees throughout the study period with basic books and notes;
- Dormitory accommodation;
- Subsistence costs;
- Health insurance.
- Citizenship and residency of one of the eligible countries is compulsory.
- Excellent school achievements.
- English language proficiency (for courses taught in English).
- Be motivated.
- Be in good health.
- Candidates under 30 are preferred.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, North Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Republic of Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North Korea, State of Palestine, the Philippines, Republic of Cabo Verde, Serbia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
Student selection will take place in two phases:
- Phase 1: FAO will pre-screen candidates and submit applications to the Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary that will send them to the corresponding University as chosen by the applicants. Students must submit only COMPLETE dossiers. Incomplete dossiers will not be considered. Files without names will not be processed.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates may be asked to take a written or oral English examination as part of the admission procedure. The participating University will run a further selection process and inform each of the successful candidates. Student selection will be made by the Universities only, without any involvement on the part of FAO. Selected students will also be notified by the Ministry.
Applications should be submitted via email from January 15 to February 28, 2022.
For more information, visit UN FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship.