Deadline: February 11, 2022
Applications are open for the HUB@GOETHE Mentorship Program 2022. HUB@GOETHE is a six month cultural entrepreneurship program focusing on business and personal development. The program follows the Design-thinking process which takes the entrepreneurs on a journey through envisioning, empathising, modelling, prototyping, validating and pivoting.
The program consists of different formats ranging from peer-to-peer learning to one-on-one sessions. The Learning Workshop opens each new month and introduces the content that will be explored. The Masterclass gives the entrepreneurs the opportunity to share best practice facilitated by experienced practitioners in their respective industry. Business Helpdesk provides technical and practical knowledge on how to run a sustainable business. Feedback Friday creates a space for constructive feedback and evaluation of the month. The Business Boost Camp is an intensive intervention that takes the entrepreneurs through the entire Design thinking process in four days.
- Entrepreneur Support and Development – one-on-one and group mentorship, masterclasses, business coaching and strengths building.
- Community management – Members will be part of a vast network of like-minded creative entrepreneurs ready to exchange ideas and collaborate on projects.
- Fully Equipped Work Space – Accessible 4 days a week (depending on Lockdown Levels) with a boardroom table, a flat screen, lounge area and unlimited internet connection.
- Gamebox – Members are invited to make use of the analogue and digital games available in the Gamebox.
- Library – Members will have free Library membership providing access to diverse on and offline reading material.
- Only entrepreneurs running start-ups that are cultural or have a strong social focus can apply;
- Your business should be between IDEATION and VALIDATION phase;
- Should have a turnover of less than R120 000 annually;
- Your business should be registered or formalised;
- Entrepreneurs must be above the age of 18 and eligible to work in the Republic of South Africa, should they not be citizens of the country.
- Applications are open from January 10 to February 11, 2022.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified on February 21, 2022.
- Interviews will take place from March 14-18. The interview will include a maximum 5 minute pitch on the candidates’ start-ups. Candidates who make it to the interview stage will be emailed the details on how to prepare.
- Successful candidates will be notified on March 25, 2022.
For more information, visit HUB@GOETHE.