Deadline: February 15, 2022
Applications are open for the Goethe-Institut Nigeria Grants 2022. The Goethe-Institut Nigeria supports Nigerian artists and cultural experts in implementing their projects.
For the past years, the Goethe-Institut Nigeria has supported a wide range of projects created and implemented by Nigerian artists and initiatives in various art forms: Music, contemporary dance, photography, films (documentary), theatre, visual arts and many more. Goethe-Institut also supports artists, who are invited to festivals in Germany or on the African continent but do not have enough funding to join.
They regard this support as a very crucial and important one in order to give young and upcoming people in the cultural landscape of Nigeria a chance to be heard and seen.
This year, the Support and Connect Initiative is taking entries from these three categories of projects:
- Larger scale projects (with maximum budget of 5,000 Euros)
- Regular entries for first time projects (with maximum budget of 2,000 Euros)
- Entries for project’s sustainability i.e. recurring projects that already had funding from the Goethe-Institut (with maximum budget of 2,000 Euros)
- Open to
- Individuals, who already received an official invitation to a cultural festival;
- Artists and cultural initiatives (no individuals) that work professionally (with at least 3 years of experience), who want to organize a cultural project in Nigeria;
- The project idea has to be already developed and has reached a certain level of preparation;
- The project has to be implemented during the year 2022 and latest be completed by December 10, 2022;
- Only completely and correctly filled out application forms will be considered;
- The initiative has to be registered and has a bank account.
The application documents include:
- Application Form including budget plan
- CV of the project leader
- Further references and material
- Passport copy
Send your documents as PDF to Oludamilare Kolawole via [email protected]
For more information, visit Goethe-Institut Nigeria.