Global Youth Climate Action Fund (GYCAF) Microgrants 2022
Deadline: February 11, 2022
Applications for the Global Youth Climate Action Fund (GYCAF) Microgrants 2022 are now open. The Global Youth Climate Action Fund, an initiative of BLI Global, is launching its first cycle of the microgrants to support youth-led climate action projects around the world.
GYCAF envisions a world where young people are given the resources to pursue green entrepreneurship and create a green economy with the goal of lowering carbon emissions and conserving the environment.
For this round, they are seeking projects that fall under six (6) categories:
- Sustainable Agriculture: Smart agriculture to ensure food sustainability
- Clean Energy: Powering communities in need of light and energy
- Oceans: Protecting marine life and mitigating climate catastrophes
- Capacity Building: Empowering youth with entrepreneurship skills
- Green Stewardship: Protecting biodiversity and influencing behavioral change
- Technology and Innovation: Breakthroughs that solve climate-related problems
- Successful applicants will be awarded grants between USD $500 – USD $1,000, depending on the grantee application.
- Youth-led organization (80 percent majority-owned; the definition of youth adopted is under 30 years of age)
- Strong motivation on creating change or an impact in the community through grassroots activism
- Conducting grassroots activism in their community
- Seeking grants to kick-start or support already existing initiatives
- Clear environment and socio-economic impacts of the project/initiative
- A clear idea of how to use the funds and why this grant will be useful to create more value and impact for the project
- Demonstrates well-planned project, with well-developed strategy, timeline, budgeting, and team management
- Goal Alignment
- Goal aligns with GYCAF vision of realizing youth projects in sustainability
- Functionality and Relevance
- Understand the audience and relevance of the project to the intended audience
- Determine how the project addresses a problem that is not currently or sufficiently being addressed
- Financial Planning
- Great financial awareness with a clear idea of the project finances to be sustainable (including a clear budget/needs table)
- A clear understanding of how the team plans to meet the financial needs of the project
- Understanding long-term financial implications of the project (if relevant)
- Individuals who are motivated and committed to the project
- Demonstrates cohesion and excellent group dynamics with a clear understanding of the roles and responsibilities
- Demonstrates clear impact with a focus on the community
- Have a clear timeline for implementation of the project
- Understand the key barriers to the successful deployment of the project and how the team plans on overcoming them
Applications close on February 11, 2022 (12:00 am EDT) and successful applicants will be contacted beginning March 7, 2022.
For more information, visit GYCAF Grants.