Nuffield Farming Scholarships 2022 for Researchers in the UK
Deadline: July 31, 2022
Applications are open for the Nuffield Farming Scholarships 2022. The Nuffield Farming Scholarships are an amazing opportunity that can benefit careers, industry and business, as well as advancing personal development.
They award approximately 20 individuals each year with the opportunity to research topics of interest in either farming, food, horticulture, forestry or any other countryside and ancillary industry.
Scholars are able to travel anywhere in the world for a period of no less than 8 weeks to further their knowledge and understanding of their chosen study topic. On return from their travels, they present their findings, the conclusions they have reached and the recommendations to the industry in a variety of formats, including a written report and a presentation at the Annual Nuffield Farming Conference. The Scholars are also expected to use all other means at their disposal to spread the knowledge they have gained within their industry and beyond.
- A bursary of approximately £7,50032 will be given towards the Scholars travel and subsistence expenses. In addition, the Trust and their individual award sponsor will meet their travel and expenses in relation to the Pre-Study Briefing and Contemporary Scholars Conference (CSC). The total value of an award is in excess of £13,000.
- Applicants must work within the farming, food, horticulture, rural and associated industries or are in a position to influence these industries.
- Applicants must be aged between 22 and 45 years (the upper age limit is 45 on 31 July in the year of application).
- There is no requirement for academic qualifications.
- Applicants will already be well established in their career and demonstrate a passion for the industry they work in and be three years post tertiary education.
- Candidates must be resident in the UK and hold a UK passport or be working directly for UK agriculture. Applicants outside of the UK, please see the Nuffield International website for more information of their Scholarships.
- The Trust seeks people with very special qualities.
- Scholarships are not awarded to anyone in full-time education or to further research projects.
- Applications are made in confidence. Your application form will, however, be copied to members of the Selection Committee, representatives of Award Sponsors for the purpose of selection and to your Regional Representatives to help you prepare for the interview.
- Your Nuffield Farming Regional Representative will make contact with you soon after you start your application form to offer help and advice with completing your application. Please make use of everything they offer.
- If you experience any difficulty in completing your application form, contact the Alumni Officer by email: [email protected]
- You will not be able to press submit on your application form until both your references have been completed and submitted. Please complete your referees’ details as soon as possible within the application form and press submit to forward them the link.
For more information, visit Nuffield Farming Scholarships.