Dart Center Global Early Childhood Reporting Fellowship 2022 (Up to $2,000)
Deadline: February 28, 2022
Applications are open for the Dart Center Global Early Childhood Reporting Fellowship 2022. The Dart Center’s second inaugural Global Early Childhood Reporting Fellowship is focused on illuminating issues related to young children’s growth, development and wellbeing.
Topics may be directly related to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic, but they can also concern other current trends and circumstances. Fifteen journalists from around the world will be selected for the fellowship – including print, online, audio or video-based. Freelancers, contract and staff journalists are all invited to apply. Applications for projects about children up to age six and their caregivers will be given priority. The Fellowship will run from May to November 2022.
- Each Fellow will be awarded $2,000 USD to use towards reporting a story or project.
- In addition, Fellows will also be assigned an experienced project coach and convene for monthly webinars featuring experts in the fields of science, education and public health. Webinars will be scheduled with varying time zones in mind.
- Open to any U.S. or international journalist who has a demonstrated interest in reporting on young children and/or their caregivers.
- Applicants must be proficient in English (although projects can be undertaken and produced in another language.)
- Applicants must propose a reporting project about young children and/or caregivers that can be completed and scheduled for publication or broadcast by November 30, 2022.
- Applicants must agree to attend at least four monthly webinars (out of six) during the fellowship period.
- The deadline to apply is February 28, 2022 at 5:00 pm EST.
- A committee will review applications, and applicants will be notified on March 18, 2022.
- The Fellowship will officially begin with a webinar on May 16, 2022.
For more information, visit Dart Center.