Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2022-2023 at the University of Edinburgh
Deadline: March 14, 2022
Applications are open for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2022-2023 at the University of Edinburgh. Gaining an Online Masters is an excellent way to earn a qualification which is equivalent to on-campus study, while at the same time continuing to work flexibly and live at home. Online Masters qualifications through the University of Edinburgh are fully equivalent to Masters degrees taught on campus.
The Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh will provide postgraduate online scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities.
Scholarships are available for the following postgraduate programs:
- MSc International Development
- MSc Global Health Policy
- MSc Global Food Security and Nutrition
- MSc Social Justice and Community Action
- MSc Data Science, Technology and Innovation
- MSc Digital Education
- MSc One Health
- The scholarship will cover the full tuition fees and a small study stipend to allow for access to high-quality internet. The scholarship is designed to cover three-years of part-time online study.
- On top of financial support, Scholars will participate in activities as part of the wider Scholars Program with the University of Edinburgh, including regular online workshops with scholars, online coaching and support, and the opportunity to attend regional scholar-led workshops and events.
- You must be a graduate or be about to graduate as a Mastercard Foundation Scholar in a Mastercard Foundation partner institution.
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh for a relevant degree program listed above. You will generally need to have achieved the equivalent of a UK Second Class (Upper) Bachelors (Hons) degree.
- You must be a citizen of an African country (with the exception of Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco & Tunisia), whose personal circumstances would make accepting an online study offer from the University of Edinburgh difficult. Applications from Malawi, Ethiopia, Mauritius, Rwanda, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe are particularly welcome.
- You should demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within your community and former school/university.
- You must be able to present economic circumstances which show you lack financial means to pursue higher education in your home country or elsewhere.
- Applicants should demonstrate an awareness of online degrees, and be able to show how they will approach the unique challenges and opportunities provided by online, part-time study.
- Applicants should not have completed a postgraduate degree previously and should not be enrolled at a separate university while on scholarship.
Applications for September 2022 entry to the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh open on Monday, January 31, 2022 at 10.00 (GMT) and close at 16:00 (GMT) on Monday, March 14, 2022.
If the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program is the only scholarship you are interested in applying for at the University of Edinburgh, please apply for the Scholarship only.
If you are also applying for other scholarships in the University of Edinburgh, please apply directly for the degree program of your choice.
For more information, visit Mastercard Foundation.