Call for Applications: ONE Champion in Nigeria Program 2022
Deadline: February 12, 2022
Applications are invited for the ONE Champion in Nigeria Program 2022. The ONE Champions program is a one-year volunteer program which is entering its 6th year in Nigeria and they’re looking for passionate campaigners to join the 2022 cohort.
This is a voluntary program where ONE will recruit, train, and support 60 emerging leaders approximately between 18-35 years of age who will Champion causes ONE supports at the grassroots, state and federal levels in Nigeria. ONE advocates and campaigns on education, gender, health, agriculture and transparency as a means to fight poverty. The program was launched in 2016 with 20 Champions.
ONE Champions will work closely with the ONE Nigeria Country program, led by the Country Director and will work with the direction and support of the ONE Campaigns team to come up with innovative and exciting ways to engage policymakers to secure policy changes and public investments to address poverty in Nigeria.
ONE Champions will have access to a range of campaign and advocacy tools and activities and will receive support to design and develop their own action plans with the ONE team. They will be expected to deliver a range of actions, including but not limited to:
- Meet with decision-makers, movers, and shakers
- Use social media to raise awareness and create change
- Encouraging the public to take online and in-person campaign actions
- Develop analyses and write-ups on key issues
- Help to plan and deliver campaigns actions, stunts, and supporter recruitment activities
- Help ONE identify strategic personalities to lobby in your constituency
- Keep ONE informed on key developments in their communities and develop content
- Partner with ONE team to plan events and social media activities
- Help ONE identify strategic media institutions to target to maximize publicity
- Assist in the mobilization of supporters in Nigeria
- Raise ONE’s profile in your community
- A fantastic opportunity and network to make significant impact in your community and the world working with a highly visible, mission driven organisation in an incredible, supportive environment.
- Training on grassroots campaigning and advocacy
- Gain experience on the practical side of campaigning
- Opportunities to engage with policymakers
- Receive a ONE certificate of appreciation/completion
- Exposure and opportunity to represent ONE at both local and international conferences
- Applicants should be between the ages of 18 and 35;
- Have passion for ONE’s mission to end extreme poverty and an interest in international issues
- Willingness to attend a program induction and training in person in Abuja
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to encourage and support others
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to organise own workload efficiently
- A clear commitment to integrity
- A commitment to stay engaged with the ONE Campaign throughout the year
- Passion for creating change
- Proven commitment to efforts to end poverty
- Interest in engaging policymakers on issues of relevance
- Willingness to dedicate some time to raise awareness and mobilise different people to support ONE’s initiatives.
For more information, visit ONE Champion.