Casa África Photography Contest 2022 (up to €1,800 in prizes)
Deadline: March 15, 2022
Applications are open for the Casa África Photography Contest 2022. The contest will reward the photographs that best publicise the positive aspects of the African continent in the field of digital transformation in Africa, this year’s theme.
The world is immersed in an accelerating process of digital transformation. The development of the Internet and, especially, of mobile phones, is opening new ways to promote and strengthen the development of the African continent. Other factors, such as high demographics and the youth of an already digital native population -41% of its population is under the age of 15- are an asset to the development of digital technologies in its territory.
Africa, an increasingly urban continent, capable of offering smart city services, the development of applications in sectors of great importance such as agriculture or artificial intelligence as a tool to better tackle climate change is some of the examples of what is intended to be reflected and highlighted through the photographs awarded in this call for entries. The aim of this edition is therefore to certify through images how this digital transformation is taking place on the African continent.
- First prize: €1,000
- Second prize: €500
- Third prize: €300
- All natural persons over 18 years of age who are authors of photographs that capture images related to the African continent that the Casa África Consortium establishes in each call for entries may participate and opt for the awards.
- Each applicant may participate with a maximum of five (5) photographs to be submitted online through the platform MundoArti.
- The photographs must be sent in JPEG format, with a minimum resolution of 200 dpi and weighing between 1 and 5 MB.
The jury, composed of leading professionals in the arts field, will assess the creativity, the innovation of the technique used and the way the message is conveyed. The description and the title of the photograph will also be assessed under these criteria.
- Download, fill in, sign and scan your application form. Save the generated PDF because you will need it to attach it on the platform.
- Have your photographs and the description of each one of them ready, as well as the place and date where they were taken
- Have a copy of your ID card or passport ready
- With all these documents ready, enter Mundo Arti (you will have to register if you have not done so before). If you have any problems when participating, send an email to [email protected]
The deadline for submitting applications and photographs is 15 March 2022 at 14.00 hours (GMT +0).
For more information, visit Casa África Photography Contest.