YSEALI Connectivity Regional Workshop 2022: Enhancing Digital Connectivity
Applications are open for the YSEALI Connectivity Regional Workshop 2022: Enhancing Digital Connectivity. This YSEALI Connectivity regional workshop will provide a platform through which young leaders from across the region can come together, share strategies and best practices, and work together to narrow the digital divide across the region.
In this workshop participants will be exposed to the various tips, knowledge sharing sessions and technical know-how on the practical implementation of e-government services and digital economy in a rural community setting. The goal is provide participants with the necessary tools, skill-set and cost-effective programs using off the shelf tools to enhance digital coverage to your local communities.
The workshop content will address the following topics:
- How to improve access to information for rural or less-connected communities
- How to ensure transparency of operations of government programs / services
- How to increase communication and provide for smoother collaboration among the various stakeholders
Applications are open to youth leaders all across Southeast Asia and meeting the following criteria:
- Age between 22-35.
- Must be an ASEAN or Timor-Leste citizen residing in the region.
- A minimum of three years of experience in one of the following areas:
- Providing government, education, or economic services to rural or underserved communities
- Technology-related experience in improving digital connectivity or awareness in communities
- Community activists in rural or semi rural areas
- Experts in e-governance and or online education/commerce
- Fluent in English.
- Able to fully commit to the workshop, including its pre and post activities.
- Able to travel to Malaysia and attend a 3-day workshop (excluding travel days). Participants will be required to arrange their own visa.
This fully-funded workshop will bring together 100 young leaders who are between the ages of 22-35 and are registered YSEALI members.
For more information, visit YSEALI.