British Council Scholarships 2022 for Women in STEM to Study in the UK
Deadline: April 10, 2022
Are you a woman with a degree in a STEM subject and passionate about your study? You could receive a scholarship to study a master’s degree, or an early academic fellowship, in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics program at a leading UK university. Applications are open for the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM 2022.
For the second year running, the British Council has launched a scholarship program in partnership with 26 UK universities with the aim of benefiting women from the Americas, South Asia, South East Asia, Egypt, Turkey and Ukraine. They are looking for women with a background in STEM, who can demonstrate their need for financial support and who wish to inspire future generations of women to pursue careers in STEM.
- Academic prestige – the UK’s universities are amongst the world’s leaders in STEM subjects
- Economic support will include tuition fees, stipend, travel costs, visa and health coverage fees
- Special support for mothers
- English language support
- Applicants can apply from the following countries:
- For both Master’s Scholarships and Early Academic Fellowships; Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam
- For Masters Scholarships only: Brazil, Egypt, Mexico, Peru, Turkey, Ukraine
They are looking for women who:
- are able to take up a course of study in the UK for the academic year from September/October 2022 – 2023.
- can demonstrate a need for financial support.
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable them to gain access onto one of the pre-selected postgraduate courses at a UK university.
- can attain the level of English required for postgraduate study/research at a UK university .
- are active in the field with work experience or a proven interest in their subject area.
- are passionate about their course of study and are willing to engage as committed British Council scholarship alumni.
Applications should be made directly to the participating universities. Follow the links here (information will be updated as the application process in each participating university becomes live).
Application deadlines vary between courses but range from February 28, to April 10, 2022. Check the deadline carefully with the university you plan to apply to, in order to avoid disappointment.
For more information, visit British Council Scholarships.