Deadline: April 9, 2022
Applications are open for the Halcyon Opportunity Intensive Fellowship 2022. The Opportunity Intensive began in 2020 with a cohort of nine social entrepreneurs and a commitment to accelerating the impact-driven future of business.
While Opportunity Zones have been a polarizing topic, they provide a valuable jumping off point for identifying communities in the region that have been historically under-resourced to ensure innovation and investment remain in the hands of those who know and love these communities best.
With the support of the US Economic Development Administration, the program expanded in 2021 to service twenty ventures and based-in or primarily serving Opportunity Zones in the broader DMV region. Fellows meet for programming one day per month, with two, week-long residencies and a culminating showcase event in February 2023. This program is for impact driven entrepreneurs who are based in or primarily serve Opportunity Zones in the DC region. Fellows receive a suite of pro-bono services, a stipend, access to Halcyon’s larger network, and more!
While Intensive programming is tailored to the cohort, a few things are a given:
- $5,000 stipend
- Two week-long residencies at Halcyon’s facilities in Georgetown, Washington D.C.
- Pro-bono legal support
- Free workspace for the duration of the program at Halcyon’s facilities in Georgetown, Washington D.C.
- Pro-bono consulting services from Capital One
- Leadership coaching
- $25,000 in AWS cloud computing credits
- Access to Halcyon’s world-class networks of mentors, advisors, and investors
- Join a community of over 200 impact driven entrepreneurs, many based in the DC region
- Bespoke skills training
To be eligible for the Fall 2022 Opportunity Intensive Fellowship, you:
- Must live in and/or have your venture based-in or primarily serve designated Opportunity Zones within the Washington, DC, Virginia, and Maryland region. Your venture may be focusing on any business sector, as long as it is an early-stage impact-driven venture (i.e. prioritizes social and/or environmental good along with business success);
- Must be the CEO and/or hold primary decision-making power in the growth and strategic vision for the venture’s development and management;
- Must be able to make a full-time commitment to work on the venture during the residency phase (Residency Week 1: July 25-31, 2022 AND Residency Week 2: February 2023, specific dates TBD);
- Must be able attend monthly meetings and residency programming in-person in Washington, DC;
- Must be fluent in English;
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program;
- May apply on your own or with up to one Co-Founder who meets the above eligibility requirements;
- Must be willing to contribute to the growth and development of Halcyon’s fellow community.
To be eligible for the 2022 Opportunity Intensive Fellowship, your venture:
- Must be an original idea of the applicant(s);
- Must be early stage (you are too far along to benefit from Halcyon’s fellowships if your venture is earning $500,000 USD in annual recurring revenue);
- Must be an independent or autonomous venture that is not under the direction of an existing organization;
- Must have plans for a sustainable business model to generate revenue by selling a core product or service;
- Must be a for-profit or hybrid venture with the core mission is to create measurable social and/or environmental change;
- May not be a 501(c)(3) non-profit venture.
Take your impact-driven business to the next level! Apply by April 9, 2022.
For more information, visit Halcyon Opportunity Intensive.