UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Program 2022 (Funded)
Deadline: March 18, 2022
Applications are open for the UNESCO Kulturweit Tandem Program 2022. In the kulturweit Tandem project, two participants – one from an African country and one from Germany – reappraise the history of colonialism and its effects on the present. Together you develop anti-racism projects that you can implement in theatres, museums and schools, in charities, initiatives or companies in Germany.
The program consists of a two-month language course in your country, a four-week seminar on the African continent and a three-month project phase in Germany. All participants receive financial support and educational guidance.
The first round of the program will take place between September 2022 and February 2023. You can apply if you live in Germany, Ghana, Cameroon, Kenya, Namibia or Togo. The international seminar will take place in Kenya.
kulturweit offers you:
- Coverage of the international and national travel costs for flights or trains to the seminar location and the placement centre and subsidy for the two-month language course.
- Accommodation and meals during the international seminar (2022 in Kenya).
- A full-time job for three months in an institution in the cultural, educational or sustainability sector in Germany including monthly pocket money of €750.
- International health, liability and accident insurance.
- Organisation and implementation of the accompanying educational program.
- A contact person at the placement centre.
- A contact person for questions about application, selection and placement, visa and security at the German Commission for UNESCO.
- Quality assurance and evaluation.
You will incur the following cost:
- Visa and all associated costs (e.g. travel costs to embassies, consulates or authorities, processing fees, certifications, translations).
- Transfer (bus, train, taxi) to the airport at the place of residence.
- All costs that go beyond the monthly subsidy of €750.
- For participants from Germany: you will remain covered by your health insurance during the project phase in Germany and may incur additional costs.
- You can apply for the first round of kulturweit’s Tandem program if you are of age and live in Germany, Ghana, Cameroon, Kenya, Namibia or Togo.
- You must have a basic knowledge of German as well as French or English. You should have excellent knowledge of one of the three languages.
Other requirements include:
- Keenness for international exchange
- Curiosity and openness to other people and places
- Sense of responsibility and independence
- Enjoyment of volunteering
- Willingness to commit to full-time work (i.e. 38.5 to 40 hours a week) and to integrate into a team
- Interest in the history of colonialism, postcolonialism and the critique of racism
- Pleasure in project work
The first round of the program will take place between September 2022 and February 2023. Applications can be submitted on or before March 18, 2022.
For more information, visit Kulturweit Tandem.