Deadline: March 31, 2022
Grow your game changing justice innovation into an impactful business. Apply for the Hague Institute for Innovation of Law (HiiL) Innovating Justice Challenge 2022.
The Innovating Justice Challenge invites all startups that are transforming the justice sector to become part of their 2022 Accelerator cohort. Since 2011, they have successfully funded, trained and scaled over 120 startups globally. They are the only accelerator worldwide dedicated to justice and SDG 16.
The Hague Institute for Innovation of Law (HiiL) is a social enterprise devoted to user- friendly justice. That means justice that is easy to access, easy to understand, affordable, and effective. They will ensure that by 2030, 150 million people will be able to prevent or resolve their most pressing justice problems. They do this by stimulating innovation and scaling what works best. They are friendly rebels focused on concrete improvements in the lives of people. Data and evidence are central in all that they do. They are based in The Hague, the City of Peace and Justice.
HiiL’s Justice Accelerator offers you a 4-month long program that provides you with:
- €10,000 non-equity funding.
- Full training program delivered by industry specialists: business growth, marketing, team & leadership, impact measurement and much more.
- Coaching sessions and mentorship on topics of your choice.
- Access to HiiL’s global network of justice leaders, legal tech organisations and top level researchers.
- International exposure and potential investment opportunities.
- Chance to win up to €20,000 at Demo Day 2023.
To apply your startup needs to have:
- people-centred solutions that prevent or resolve justice problems;
- a functioning product with some traction (number of users, revenue, etc.) indicating proof of customer demand. Startups in earlier stages are encouraged to contact their respective regional innovation hubs to find out about our ideation and incubation programs;
- a strong team of founder(s);
- a sustainability and revenue model. Startups can be non-profit or for-profit;
- Both for-profit and non-profit startups can apply!
In 2022, they are welcoming startups from the following countries into the program:
- East Africa: Kenya, Rwanda, Ethiopia
- West Africa: Nigeria
- MENA: Tunisia, Lebanon, Jordan, Morocco
The selection processes includes online interviews to be held in May 2022.
The program kicks off in June 2022, and the Demo Day is in February 2023.
For more information, visit HiiL Innovating Justice Challenge.