National Screen Institute CBC New Indigenous Voices Program 2022
Deadline: April 8, 2022
Are you an emerging indigenous creator aged 18 to 35 interested in working in film, TV and digital media? Apply now for the CBC New Indigenous Voices Program 2022.
The CBC New Indigenous Voices is a full-time, 14-week online training program for up to 10 Indigenous creators to learn the essential elements of working in the film, TV and digital media industries. Training sessions take place online, culminating in a final podcast project and a six-week internship placement. The curriculum is designed with traditional and spiritual elements.
The program has three phases, beginning in May and running until August.
- In phase one, participants attend approximately 10 online sessions Monday to Friday, featuring interactive group discussions, presentations and workshops. All sessions are mandatory.
- In phase two, participants work with mentors to produce and edit their own short podcast episode. Once complete, participants will begin an internship placement. Previous internship placements include Eagle Vision, CBC Manitoba, Kejic Productions, Winnipeg Film Group, Native Communications Society of the Northwest Territories as well as working on film sets.
In this program, you will:
- Hear from national industry experts and professional organizations about career opportunities within the industry
- Learn about funding and development for creative projects
- Learn the essential elements of filmmaking
- Produce a creative project in the form of a short podcast
- Experience what it’s like to work in the industry during a full-time internship
- Complete two writing assignments for the National Screen Institute website
- Receive minimum wage (Manitoba rate) throughout the entire program
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be First Nations, Inuit or Métis aged 18 to 35
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada
- Have some industry experience and/or work experience in a related field. This can include working for a school/college or local newspaper and/or radio station, acting in a school/college or community theatre production, making a short film or other audio-visual project at school/college or in your own time and/or post-secondary education
- Agree not to participate in another initiative, or have inflexible commitments, that would prevent you from fully engaging in this program
For more information, visit CBC New Indigenous Voices.