Deadline: March 20, 2022
The Commonwealth Youth Health Network (CYHN) is announcing high-profile, voluntary positions on its executive team for the year 2022-2024. They are inviting applications from young and suitably qualified individuals who are passionate about promoting and improving health and well-being across the Commonwealth.
The Commonwealth Youth Health Network (CYHN) is one of 13 youth-led affiliated bodies, operating under the auspices of the Commonwealth Secretariat. CYHN seeks to bring the voices of young people from across the Commonwealth, including those from small island states and indigenous communities, to the forefront on issues affecting their health and wellbeing.
Their programmatic areas of focus are Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, Non-communicable Diseases, and Mental Health, and UHC. CYHN members are students, researchers, health care professionals, journalists, development workers and more – all of whom are passionate about achieving health for all.
- Policy Research and Advocacy Lead
- Public Relations and Communications Lead
- Engagement and Capacity Building Lead
- Partnerships and Fundraising Lead
- Diversity & Inclusion Lead
- Regional Focal Points* (x5, Africa, Asia, Caribbean, Europe & Americas, Pacific)
- Be aged between 18 to 29 years at the time of application;
- Be a citizen of a Commonwealth member country;
- Have a strong commitment to the CYHN vision and mission;
- Alignment and commitment to the Commonwealth Charter;
- Have experience with youth-led initiatives, projects or organisations focused on health and well-being;
- Be available to commit 10-15 voluntary hours per week to network activities;
- Demonstrate capacity to work both in a self-directed manner and collaboratively with others;
- Have past experience working well in multicultural work environments;
- Have strong time management and organisational skills;
- Have leadership experience to build and coordinate diverse sub committees and project teams;
- Have the necessary experiences required for the relevant role applied;
- Have an understanding of Commonwealth health challenges and priorities.
The application form will request the following;
- Cover letter elaborating on suitability (max 1 page)
- CV/Resume with contacts to 2 referees (max 2 page)
- Social Media Accounts/ Portfolio links if relevant
- Writing Samples
For more information, visit CYHN.